Monday, January 29, 2007

Thoughts on Biblical Obedience

"Obedience is doing exactly what God says, immediately, with the right heart attitude." ~ Anon

"We will always please the one we love the most." ~ Ken Collier

"We will always reserve the best for the one we love the most." ~ Jim Berg

"Biblical obedience is not just compliance to some abstract law or rule. It is the submissive response to the Person of the Holy Spirit who has revealed the will of God to us through His Word. It means saying yes to God as we say no to self. It means denying self instead of indulging self. It means pleasing God instead of pleasing self. It means walking in the Spirit instead of grieving the Spirit. It is the way of wisdom instead of the way of the fool." ~ Jim Berg

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." ~ John 14:21

No comments: