Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Pray for our President - 1 Tim 2:1-4

President Bush told the author of a new book on his presidency that "I try not to wear my worries on my sleeve" or show anything less than steadfastness in public, especially in a time of war.

"I fully understand that the enemy watches me, the Iraqis are watching me, the troops watch me, and the people watch me," he said. Yet, he said, "I do tears."

"I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president. I'll shed some tomorrow."

Associated Press

(The above picture was during the Medal of Honor ceremony for Marine CPL Jason Dunham who was recognized for his heroism when he covered a grenade with his helmet to shield his comrades.)

No comments: