Thursday, October 25, 2007

What is your motivation to proclaim the Gospel?

"... the more I understand why I preach. While there are many good and important motivations for preaching Christ which I keenly feel -- the salvation of the lost, the edification of God's people, the building-up of the Church -- none of them are really why I preach. I preach because there was a man who lived about 2000 years ago, who lived and taught, gathered a small band of disciples, died on a cross and rose again from the dead. He is uniquely exalted among all men who have ever lived in that He is God's true and unique Son. All that He did was as the One true Redeemer for a lost world. He is exalted in the heavens and reigns as Lord over all. I preach because He is my own Savior and Lord, because I want His name to be known among men and women, and because His glory is the greatest and highest of all causes in this world." ~ Rick Phillips

No comments: