Thursday, April 3, 2008

To Whom do you serve?



"Be imitators of me, brothers and sisters,
and watch carefully those who are living this way, just as you have us as an example.
For many live, about whom I have often told you, and now, with tears,
I tell you that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ.
Their end is destruction, their god is the belly,
they exult in their shame, and they think about earthly things.
But our citizenship is in heaven
and we also await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
who will transform these humble bodies of ours into the likeness of his glorious body
by means of that power by which he is able to subject all things to himself."

~ Phil 3.17-21 (NET)

"I relied completely on the Lord, and he turned toward me and heard my cry for help.
He lifted me out of the watery pit, out of the slimy mud.
He placed my feet on a rock and gave me secure footing.
He gave me reason to sing a new song, praising our God.
May many see what God has done,
so that they might swear allegiance to him and trust in the Lord!

How blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord and does not seek help from the proud or from liars!
~ Ps 40:1-4 (NET)

No comments: